Monday, November 21, 2005

Thanksgiving Day Planning

.
Thanksgiving Day Planning
Cooking Time Planner.
Grocery List .

Have menu planned and just will need to decide about the jello so I can go shooping Tuesday for the remaining supplies.


I really do not make it very different each year but I sometimes add a different vegetable dish and plan on doing that this year. I will only need about a 12 pound turkey so one turkey and a turkey breast will be plenty for us. I have also tried buying my pies but I have been disappointed so I will bake ones this year, most likely two pumpkins and an apple. I plan one baking then the day one or two days before depending on refrigerator space. I will make the pie dough later this month and freeze it so I will only need to thaw and roll out that day, fill and bake.
I also make plenty of broth before for making gravy and stuffing. I use wings or what parts I find in the store before.

When I create my vegetable tray with a dip The reson many of the vegetables remain on the plate untouched (Caluiflower, broccoi)is becasue they are unapealing in the raw state and need to be crisp, not raw. You might want to consider pairing these vegetables with cheese and roasted almonds instead of dip.

Vegetables for Dip
You can blanch the vegetables by cutting them into the serving size and then putting them in boiling water for about two minutes. You then take them out and quickly rinse them with cool tap water or put them into ice water and this will stop the cooking process. The broccoli will turn a nice green color and still have a nice crunch with a great broccoli flavor. I personally think that broccoli and cauliflower are not very good in the raw state and need blanching to make them taste good.


End of October/ Early November

Order fresh turkey is that is what you are using
Make pie dough and freeze
Polish flatware and iron linens/
Make a meal plan
Plan amount of serving dishes needed
Make about 2 1/2 quarts of turkey broth and freeze
Turkey Broth.

So I already started my Meal Plan:
Need Servings for 6
Turkey Breast (Smoked).
Roast Turkey.
Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes.
Classic Green Bean Bake.
Turkey Gravy
Lakota Squash with Wild Rice Stuffing
Regular Herbed and Chestnut Stuffing
Candied Sweet Potatoes.
Sweet Potatoes Supreme
Cream Style Corn
Sour Cream Salad.
Jell-O Salad
Cranberry–Pear Relish.
Cranberry Jell Relish(canned)
Algonquin Traditional Cranberry Sauce.
Cranberry Relish( canned)
Vegetable tray with dip(above)
Bread and Butter Pickles.
Other types Pickles(canned)
Olives (canned)
Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f