Sunday, November 25, 2007

Soudough Pancakes Flint hills style.

I have some sourdough starter in the fridge and had taken it out the other day to add more four and grow it some more. I decided I will make pancakes this morning so I opted foe some sourdough ones to use up some of the starter. I did not have a recipe on hand so I came up with an adaption of the normal one we use for pancake mix.


INGREDIENTS

* 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup skim milk
* 3 eggs (you can adjust for this ingredients and even add none.
* 1 cup Sourdough Starter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla



1. Place the pancake mix in a large bowl. Add the water and Sourdough Bread Starter and stir until well combined.

2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

******************************************
A neat little tip I came across but have not done yet is to save a squeeze bottle and use it to squeeze out the pancake mix. This could be a time saver too for when you do not have a lot of time during the week and can mix it up on Sunday and make pancakes really quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f