Thursday, January 08, 2009

Grilled Hot Dog Sandwich with Sauerkraut

I decided to prepared something with the large size franks in my kitchen. After looking around looking at what was in my pantry, refrigerator and freezer I decided to use the jar of sauerkraut and prepare grilled sandwiches.

First I drained the sauerkraut and rinsed in water. I then placed the sauerkraut in a pan with a tablespoon of brown sugar and 1/2 cup water and heated until hot.

On a piece of bread, rye or wheat, spread a small amount of mayonnaise on the bread. Next place one of the hot dogs sliced in half on the bread. On top of the sliced hot dog place the carefully drained sauerkraut on the bread. Now put another slice of bread on top. Spread some butter on each side of the sandwich. Carefully place this sandwich into your grill and cook for at least two or three minutes on each side.

Variation:
I slice of Swiss cheese would make this sandwich even better and more like a Ruben.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f