Monday, July 30, 2007

Moist Banana Bread

Moist Banana Bread


This banana bread is nice and moist but i still think I prefer my other recipe. Even with the whole wheat flour it turned out very well. This recipe could use a little more experimenting with ingredients. It would still make a nice bread for a tea or coffee. I used colored white chocolate chops in two of the loafs and I think the look very nive. I have only started eating the large loaf and froze the four small loaves . I prefer making my sweet bread in this small loaf pan and freezing some to use at a moments notice for guests. I also freeze any bananas in the freezer if they start getting over ripe to use for bread.

1/2 stick butter, softened
2 eggs
2 to 3 very ripe bananas
1 cup vanilla or plain yogurt

Mash the banana. and mix all the ingredients together.

In another mix mix:

1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until the ingredients are blended together.

If you like mix in other ingredients such as nuts, dried cherries or chocolate chips.

Pour the dough into greased baking pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Small loaves take about 30 minutes and a normal loaf take around 50 minutes.

Remove from the oven. After they have cooled for 5 to 10 minutes they can be removed from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f