Assie Barbie: grilled bratwurst and Barbeque Chat Potatoes
Originally uploaded by Lakenvelder.
Baby Potatoes, or Chat 250 gm (1/2 pound)
Olive Oil 1tbsp
Sea Salt 1 tsp
Sweet Mustard Pickle 2 tbsp
1. Choose medium-size chat potatoes for quick cooking.
2. Place washed potatoes in a bowl.
3. Drizzle over the olive oil and Sea Salt, stirring to coat.
4. Wrap each potato in a piece of foil.
5 Place on the barbecue hotplate or grill bars as soon as you light the barbecue, before it is hot enough to cook the meat. This will give the potatoes a head start.
6. Turn potatoes every few minutes.
7. Once the barbecue has heated and the meats are cooking, turn potatoes more frequently.
8 Test with a skewer and if soft, remove and set aside.
9 Potatoes will take about 15-20 minutes according to size and degree of heat.
10. Unwrap potatoes, leaving foil at potato base.
11.Cut a cross in the top and squeeze the base to open out.
12. Spoon Mustard Pickle in centre.
13. Serve immediately.