Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Heartland Food Share Recipes

I will be piking up my Heartland food share this weekdend and I have been trying to come up with recipes to use the items. the Pollock will most likely an entree by themselves and I will try to come up with other recipes. I have creams cheese so I think I will plan on a Kiwi cheesecake to use the kiwi. I figured I could use the taco meat in tacos or make a a dip for weekend guests. Below is an easy dip I came up with using the taco meat and I will write later how it worked. I do not use a lot of proceessed items in my normal cooking but these items you can have in the pantry for a short notice. I will update this page later with recipes.

Items in share
Van De Kamp's Lemon Pollock Filets - 14 oz.
Diced Chicken Chunks - 1 lb.
Schwans Beef Taco Meat - 1 lb.
Deli Style Turkey Breast - 12 oz.
Italian Style Chicken Breast - 1 lb.
Cucumbers - 2
Lettuce - 1 head
Green Onions - 1 bunch
Potatoes - 6
Jonagold Apples - 5
Kiwi Fruit - 5
Naval Oranges - 5
Flour Tortillas - Ten (10) 8"

Nacho Cheese Dip

1 lb Schwans Beef Taco Meat
1 can Ro-tel diced chilis and tomatoes
1 loaf Velveeta


Prepare taco meat according to package directions. Melt cheese with Ro-tel (I do this in separate pans so that it's done at the same time, but you can melt the cheese in the pan with the taco meat once it's cooked to cut down on dirty dishes). Mix all together and serve with tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f