Friday, September 16, 2005

Chicken Divan

We are having leftovers tonight so I am posting a couple of favorites. When I make them I will post pictures.

I make this sometimes for dinner but I usually make it for potluck. Very good and very easy. You can make it ahead and then cook it before you leave. You can also precook the chicken and have it on hand in the freezer for this or other recipes. In a pinch you could use canned chicken.
Most of the time I use chicken thighs becasue they are cheapest meat but you can use a whole chicken or chicken breasts. I like to have frozen precooked chicken in the freezer so I can make this and other casseroles in a pinch.

Chicken Divan

Cooked chicken cut-up in bite size pieces. Around 3 pounds
Cooked broccoli( steam or microwave until just cooked)
Sauce

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cheese ( I use cheddar )
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Mix soup, lemon juice, curry and mayonnaise pour over top. Sprinkle cheese and crumbs over top.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f