Saturday, November 22, 2008
I discover pumpkin fudge last year at this time while visiting Russell Stover Candies. I found this recipe at the Pumpkin Nook's Cookbook and it is outstanding. with a nice mild pumpkin caramel flavor.
1 Cup Milk
3 Cups Sugar
3 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
1/2 Cup Pumpkin
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Allspice
4 Tablespoons Margarine
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
* Combine milk, sugar, corn syrup, pumpkin, and salt in a large pan.
* Cook over medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
* When mixture comes to a full boil, reduce heat and simmer until mixture comes to the softball stage.
* Remove from heat.
* Beat in cinnamon, allspice, margarine, and vanilla.
* Cool, then beat until thick and mixture looses it's gloss.
* Spoon into buttered dish.
Posted by Lakenvelder at 11/22/2008 12:37:00 PM