Saturday, April 26, 2008

German Meal




I was in the mood for a German meal so I utilized my slow cooker to begin preparing the meal before I went to work. The entree I planned was Sauerbraten using a Knorr mix. I used the classic pot roast recipe on the back of the package. I have used this before and found it to be very nice and flavorful. Instead of using a dutch oven or pan I used a slow cooker set for 8 hours. I also used a package of 6 Semmel-Knodel in Kuchbeuteln. It is manufactured by Dr. Willi Knoll GmbH & Co. KG in Germany.This was in interesting way to prepare the bread dumplings. Each ball was individually wrapped. You prepare by placing them in boiling water. To serve with this meal I prepared Cabbage in Brown Sauce (Braunkohl in Dunkle`r Soose), German Fried Potatoes (Bratkartoffeln) and lastly Tossed Salad with Raw-Vegetable Marinade (Rohe-Salat-Marinade).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f