Saturday, February 25, 2006

Mexican Fried Chicken (Pollo en Jugo de Limones & Fried Potatoes and Chilies (Papas y Chiles)


Tonight's meal was Mexican Fried Chicken, a wonderful lime flavored fried chicken entree I have made before, Fried Potatoes and Chiles (Papas y Chiles) and a tossed salad. The Papas y chiles is a wonderful fried potato and Chile dish which can be used for making tacos at any meal, including breakfast. It is also a very tasty dish for vegetarians. The recipe calls for new potatoes but I just used the smaller potatoes I had gotten when I bought a 10 pound bag of potatoes. To keep things simple I fried the potatoes in the oil I had fried the chicken in. I did not cut the potatoes up to cook, but they may had cooked faster, and I put them into ice water to cool them quickly and then peeled them. You could cook the potatoes ahead and have them ready to cook.

Papas y Chiles
Fried Potatoes and Chiles for Taco Filling

1 pound new potatoes
1 tablespoon oil
1 medium onions, sliced
2 fresh Anaheim chiles, roasted
Oil for sauteing
Salt and pepper

Cut the potatoes and boil until cooked but firm. Peel, if desired. When cool enough to handle, slice coarsely and drain on paper toweling. In a large skillet, heat the oil. Saute to distribute the oil. Cook over medium heat, shaking the pan often until the potatoes are lightly browned. Stir in the diced chiles. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Use as a filling for tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f