Sunday, November 06, 2005

French Toast- American


My girls had two girl friends over for a slummer party. This is one of the things I made for breakfast along with scrambled eggs, cheese (Dutch goat and edam) , yogurt, cottage cheese, juice and sausage. I like my French toast more eggy than most and I like to add spices and use Texas toast because it is thicker. I do not like to soak the toast but dip it in the mixture on both sides so it has soaked up some.


French Toast

breads, cheese/eggs

6 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon all spice
1/4 teaspoon ginger
6 slices bread
spray oil

Whisk together in a small bow the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and spices.
Turn the slices in the mixture until bread has soaked up the mixture but is
not falling apart. In a skillet spray oil and heat over medium heat.
Add as many slices as will fit with out crowding skillet and cook until the
underside is golden brown. Turn bread and cook until second side is golden
brown. Serve immediately or keep warm in 200 degree F oven.

Serve with maple syrup and sausage, ham or bacon.

*I use Texas toast (it is thicker) or French bread sliced thick.

Yield: 6 slices

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f