Sunday, November 20, 2005

America's Favorite Pot Roast




My girls were saying we were having chicken too much lately so I made one of their favorite dishes. This is a very simple and easy dish. I did not add mushrooms and used more potaotes red ones from my garden that were not very large but equaled about 6 potatoes and I put in 3 more carrots. I had a bowl of vegetables that I did not take a picture of. I hardly ever use salt in cooking and everyone adds salt later but left it in the recipe.


America's Favorite Pot Roast



main dish, meats

3 to 4 pounds beef pot roast, boneless
1/2 cup + 3 Tablepoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3 potatoes,; peeled and quartered
3 carrots peeled, sliced and cut into 2 inch
2 small onions; sliced
1 stack celery; cut into 2 inch pieces
1 jar mushrooms (2 oz); drained, optional
1/4 cup water

Trim all excess fat from roast, . Combine 1/4 cup flour l, salt and pepper
in small bowl. Coat meat with flour mixture and brown and drain in a frying
pan with 2 tablespoons cooking oil.
Place vegetable on bottom of crock pot and top with roast. Cover and cook
on low 10 to 12 hours.

If desired, turn to high during last hour (you can also put into a oven at 350F) to soften vegetables and make gravy. To thicken gravy , make a smooth paste with remaining 3 tablespoons flour and water, stir in crock pot or use a small sauce pan. Season to taste before serving.

Yield: 2 -6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f