Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sausage Making

Yesterday I was looking up information on making sausage so I try making sausage I cannot get locally or cost are prohibited and have control on ingredients. It seems that a lot of the sausages I like need to be cold smoked which is a challenge. I do have a smoker but it is a hot smoker. I will need to make some type of smoker for this. I found a web site for a high school project looking type of smoker than may work for a cold smoker right now without spending too much money. http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/coldsmoker.html

I alos found a site to make my smoker better when it is cold and windy. Since I like to smoke turkey in November when it is cold and windy it might be a good thing to build something better than my using whatever to try to stop the wind. It will also provide protection year round.

One sausage make says that older cow meat is better for sausage making because of the texture. I might have to look for a source of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f