Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Rice Cooker or Not


Rice Cooker or Not


Because we eat rice almost every day in our home I have had a rice cooker for many years. My first rice cooker was one of those basic simple ones that cooks the rice and turns off automatically. It would then keep the rice warm for up to 12 hours. However, scraping the bowl clean could be a chore and it was getting old and dented. Last year I upgraded to another type after 6 months of looking and deciding if I really wanted to spend $160.00 on a rice cooker. Well, that purchase of the fuzzy logic rice cooker was probably one of the smartest buys I made last year. They say they are very popular in Japan and most likely you could purchase one cheaper there. I just love it because it makes wonderful rice and I just wipe the bowl clean because it has a nonstick finish. The induction heating the fuzzy logic produces offers more heat distribution, compensate for improper measurements and cooks brown as well was white rice and pilaf. Of course, if you buy a cooker and what cooker you choose will depend on your budget and needs. If you only have rice once in a while you use a pan with a tight fitting lid or cook rice using the oven method which makes good rice.

The next few recipes I put in my blog give directions for rice cooked in a pan and oven, however, I use my rice cooker. My favorite rice is rice pilaf or Pilav and so it is the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f