Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday




I had forgotten the shopping list yesterday but remember everything on the list which is short of amazing for me. I realized while shopping I had not put the Goulash ingredients on the list. Since I was not able to purchase Turmeric anyway because they did not carry it I will have to stop by another store anyway. I want fresh French/Italian bread for diner tonight anyway so I will do a quick shop. I normally serve two vegetables with a meal and one prefer a dark green higher fiber one with the meals. Spaghetti sauce does contain tomatoes but I will still have two vegetabe with this meal. The tossed salad will have romaine because I usually mix romaine and iceberg together and sometimes get the package of Italian or other premixed salad and mix with the iceberg or lettuce from a premixed iceberg package. I will just have canned greenbeans tonight. I usually make my vegetables very simple and just microwave them or steam them.

I also do not cook with salt too much except baking, you cannot just take food out of baked food without adjustments to the recipe, and let people put their own on the food. I did put some with this meat. I baked the meatballs on a broiling pan so some of the fat drips down and make the meal contain less fat. I also reduced the amount of onions in the recipe. I only used one medium size onion, 1/4 for the meatballs and 3/4 for the sauce. I have cooked the meatballs and sauce all ready this morning so when I get home tonight from work I can just cook the noodles and heat up the meatballs and sauce and make garlic bread. I usually mix the margarine/butter with garlic, herbs and parmesan cheese and spread on the loaf cup in half and then broil it for a few minutes. You have to watch it very closely because it goes from browned to burn very fast.



Spaghetti and Meatballs
Tossed Salad/ choice of salad dressing.
Garlic Bread
Green Beans
Tea/milk

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You think?

0b9de52241409967944151e2bda0bfbd 424e14018934bd7c0b4b2f3011431f2f